an introduction

Welcome! I hope you enjoy looking around and visiting my blog. I'm more active on Instagram, but I do hope to use this space to share more in depth thoughts on all things home.


We live in a 1920's farmhouse that is old (obviously) and full of quirks. I try to be very intentional with what I bring into our home; space is limited, so what comes in must serve a purpose while also being functional. I don't have room to store decor items for a rainy day, so you will likely see my home maintain much of the same look... I have to really love something to switch it out, haha.


When I think of the word home, I think of comfort. Peace. Joy. A place to find rest and to welcome others in for the same. It is my prayer that anyone that comes through my door would feel those things and know they are somewhere safe. 


 You won't find many of the latest trends in decorating in my home, so if you're looking for someone to follow who will share all the newest stuff at popular retailers, I'm probably not your girl. ;) I just buy what I love and share that. If it happens to be "on trend", then so be it.

Find me on Instagram, @mynorthcarolinafarmhouse. I'm currently participating in the Nester's fall home challenge for the month of October. Hope to see you there!


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited! I love your home & your decorating style! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete